Friday, September 17, 2010

Spain Business Trip 8th - 11th April 2008

We participated in a property EXPO in Madrid Spain. I flew from Dubai to Doha, Qatar. Meet up with one of my colleague who flew from Kuala Lumpur to Doha, and togather we flew from Doha to Madrid.
After 7 hours of flight. Waiting for luggage at Airport. My colleague Jenny.
I requested to take a picture with him as I find his hair do very funny. Didn't expect him to give me such a friendly hug.
Finally got my luggage.
View from my hotel room.
Then we took a walk nearby to search for some food. It was almost 6:30pm there.
We found Burger King and decided to dine in.
After dinner, we went down to the bar on the ground floor of our hotel and had a few wine there. Wine are cheaper than Coffee and Tea almost everywhere in Spain.

Next morning, we got up I took a walk around our hotel.

We found a nice place for dinner.
I discover people there ate a lot. They will order a big bowl of Salad. Back home we will share it with a few friends, but they ordered one bowl each. After the bowl of Salad, there comes the main course spaghetti or steak, after that, they will have dessert. Sounds normal but when we looked at the portion being served, I got a shock.

Because language is a problem, we hired a translator. She was doing her study there and willing to be our translator for €150 per day. She is really friendly and helpful. She even went with me to bus station to purchase bus ticket to Vitoria. I applied 3 more days to extend my stay in Spain so that I can detour to visit my sister who stays in Vitoria which is 5 hours drive from Madrid.
Studying the map as I need to travel alone to the bus station the next day to travel to Vitoria to meet my elder sister.
The weather was fantastic. Cool.
Language is a problem in Spain. Not everybody, actually almost all speaks Spanish. English is not common there. Even in Madrid the capital, we had difficulty ordering food at Restaurant. All the menu are written in Spanish. The restaurant we went doesn't have picture to show. So the owner basically went into the kitchen to take out a raw chicken wings to tell is that is it Chicken. Having not a single idea whether it is grilled, deep fried, steam or whatsoever, we just nod our head. We ended having 4 huge chicken wings (I actually thought it was a turkey wings). I can barely finish 2 of the wings.

Luo Li, our translator was really helpful. The last day of exhibition we decided to treat her dinner at the same restaurant we went the night before.

It's time for me to leave Madrid and head towards Bilbao, later Vitoria. Really looking forward to meet my sister.

1 comment: