Saturday, September 11, 2010

Relocating to Dubai 8th January 2008

I was asked to take care of our branch office in Dubai and on 8th January 2008, I packed few luggage full of my clothes and moved to Dubai.
My Colleague started the branch office and she has been making noise to go back to Malaysia. So next to be posted there.. was me.. yeah... me..!!
Without Expecting much, I just packed, and took the flight on 8th Jan 2008 12:05am Emirates Air. These 7 hours flight was filled with tears. Leaving people I missed so much, my rented flat, and all friends.
Actually I've been to Dubai so many times, but all the time, I went there for exhibition and it only took few days and I was staying at hotel. This round, I got my international license ready because I have to drive there, and this time, I will be staying for at least 4 months before I get to go back to Malaysia.

The arrangement was, someone will be there to pick me up. Flying off at 12:05am 8th Jan, 7 hours flight, I arrived at 7am Malaysia time, but because Dubai is 4 hours behind, I arrived at Dubai International Airport at approximately 3am Dubai time. Dark sky, cold wind, as it was winter then. I then missed home and started to tear.

After collecting luggage and walking towards the arrival hall, my Dubai colleague, which I haven't met before was waiting there for me together with the driver. After loading all the luggage into the car, he then sent me to my studio. The place I'm gonna spend for as long as I am still there.
I seriously didn't expect much but hey.. I got a shock. It was not that bad after all.
500+ sq ft studio at International City, Persian Cluster. A king size bed.
Bedside table with flower decoration.
Sofa which is also a sofa bed in case other colleague visit, there will be extra bed.
Dressing table. At least a corner I will spend sometime there every morning.
View from my balcony
I then took some 'wrap' which I bought from a petrol station while on the way from airport. I took a nap. I have to go to office in less than 2 hours time. Deducting the pick up time later in the morning, I was left with 1 hour nap time. So i went to bed.
Woke up an hour later, get dressed and prepare to go to work. The weather was approximately 11 degree Celsius.
View of the surrounding blocks. That is Greece Cluster of International City.
My colleague came, and I manage to snap a pic of the car before heading to office.

2 comments:

  1. The amazing thing is that you remember all the details. Gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I remember very well. Still more to upload.. Wanna backdate and post them all up.

    ReplyDelete